04 April 2010

Stealing Home

At this point, I didn't think I would be ADDING destinations to my trip, but it appears now I will start this great baseball journey in my second hometown of Atlanta to see the Bravos on the 28th of May.  There it seems I'll be getting the VIP treatment from the Braves PR department.  Jay and I will now fly from there to Milwaukee the next day to kick off the Midwest-Northeast swing and proceed from there by rental car.  We're currently still looking for rental car sponsorship for the trip, as well as places to stay in most cities.  If you have any ideas or know someone who might, please let me know.

The Pittsburgh Pirates have kindly offered us tickets to the June 1st game at PNC Park and I am eternally grateful.  Alison is continuing her ceaseless effort to contact other teams.  I believe I told Jay the other day on the phone that I would "buy her a Cadillac" if she's pulls all this off.  Perhaps that was a little too much exuberance on my part, but if you're reading this Alison, I'll see what I can do about that new Caddy :)

Also, implied task:  Anyone who would like to join us in Atlanta for the Braves/Pirates game on the 28th is welcome.  I'm sure there are quite a few of you who would like to make it for the whole trip, but the "home" game presents the best opportunity for anyone from Sweet Home Alabama who wants to see me while I'm on leave, as this will be closest I come to the Heart of Dixie.

No comments:

Post a Comment